Bentley announces finalists in 2010 Be Inspired Awards competition 14 september 2010
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for the infrastructure that sustains our world, today announced the finalists in the 2010 Be Inspired Awards
competition. The awards honor the extraordinary work of Bentley users improving and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. The winners will be announced at the invitation-only Be Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure
event taking place Oct. 19-20, 2010, in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
“Recognition of the Be Inspired Awards program – now in its seventh year – continues to grow around the world, both within and outside of the infrastructure community,” Bentley COO Malcolm Walter said. “This year’s competition saw a record number of nominations, with close to 325 projects being submitted by 249 organizations in 45 countries. Our prestigious panel of independent jurors worked hard to narrow down this field of spectacular project achievements to the top 56. Each exemplifies innovation in infrastructure design, construction, and/or operations and will be highlighted in our award-winning Year in Infrastructure publication being issued later this year.”
The Be Inspired Awards finalists for 2010 are as follows:
Communicating Through Visualization
- A02-Architecture Office – Cultural Centre Zlin – Zlin, Czech Republic
- AAPROG architecten bvba – Entrance Hall, Saint Joseph Clinic – Bornem, Belgium
- Woodside Energy Ltd. – Visualisation – Burrup Peninsula, Australia
Connecting Project Teams
- Crossrail Limited – Crossrail – London, U.K.
- Scott Wilson Group plc – Crossrail Farringdon Station – London, U.K.
- Scott Wilson Group plc – East London Line – London, U.K.
Innovation in Bridges
- Atkins – Penang Bridge Stay Replacement – Penang, Malaysia
- High-Point Rendel – Third Karnaphuli Bridge – Chittagong, Bangladesh
- T.Y. Lin International – Harbor Drive Pedestrian Bridge – San Diego, Calif., U.S.
Innovation in Building
- Atlas Industries – Namibian Hydrological Centre of Excellence – Western Coast, Namibia
- Henning Larsen Architects – Crystal Towers – Riyad, Saudi Arabia
- McCauley Daye O’Connell Architects Ltd – Grand Canal Urban Development – Dublin, Ireland
Innovation in Campuses, Airports, and Military Installations
- Garver, LLC – Runway 2L-20R Reconstruction – Nashville, Tenn., U.S.
- Sitech Services B.V. – Sustainable Site Operation With SiteView – Geleen, Netherlands
- Zaha Hadid Architects – Stone Towers – Cairo, Egypt
Innovation in Communications Networks
- Precision Contracting Services, Inc. – Asset Management for Operation and Maintenance of Intelligent Transportation Systems – Broward County, Fla., U.S.
- Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, a.s. – XFM Moves Maps to Integrated
GIS – Praha, Czech Republic
Innovation in Construction
- Land Transport Authority – Boon Lay Extension (MRT Line) – Singapore
- New York State Department of Transportation – I-87 Exit 6 Single-Point Urban Interchange – Albany, N.Y., U.S.
- PT McDermott Indonesia – Cuu Long Su Tu Vang Project – Mekong Basin, Vietnam
Innovation in Generative Design
- BDP – Design Optimization of Complex Roofs – Wuxi and Beijing, China
- Henning Larsen Architects – Villas in the Sky – Riyadh, Central Province, Saudi Arabia
- Morphosis Architects, Inc. – 41 Cooper Square – New York, N.Y., U.S.
Innovation in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Orion Engineering Inc. – Going-to-the-Sun Road – Glacier National Park, Montana, U.S.
- State Geological Institute of Dionyz Stur – Rhyolite Volcanism 3D Geological Maps – Spiska Nova Ves, Slovakia
- Technital S.p.A. – Project Financing Vado Ligure Platform – Vado Ligure, Italy
Innovation in Government
- GeoSite.dk – GIS4Mobile - Connect Online Mobile Device – Faaborg-Midtfyn, Denmark
- Odense Kommune – On-the-Fly 3D City and Urban Modeling – Odense, Denmark
- Tvilum Landinspektørfirma A/S – WFS Booster – Hillerød, Denmark
Innovation in Metals and Mining
- Aurecon Hatch – Wiggins Island Coal Terminal – Gladstone, Australia
- Bechtel Australia – Y2 – Gladstone, Australia
- PDC Consultants – Brockman Syncline No. 4 Project – Pilbara, Australia
Innovation in Power Generation
- ECIDI – Pumped Storage Power Station – Shanghai, China
- Engevix Engenharia S.A. – Hydro Power Plant São Domingos – Agua Clara, Brazil
- ESI Inc. of Tennessee – Department of Energy - Biomass Cogeneration Facility – Aiken, S.C., U.S.
Innovation in Process Manufacturing
- Grontmij Industry – Fully Automatic Production Unit for Sika – Zwijndrecht, Belgium
- GS Engineering & Construction Corp. – Ruwais Refinery – Ruwais, United Arab Emirates
- Royal Haskoning Industrial Engineering – Vopak Tank Terminal Expansion Project – Rotterdam, Netherlands
Innovation in Rail and Transit
- AECOM – Neasden Depot Upgrade Project – London, U.K.
- Mott MacDonald Limited – Victoria Station Upgrade Project – London, U.K.
- SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited – Lucknow Metro - Alignment Design – Lucknow, India
Innovation in Roads
- Aurecon – SH18 Hobsonville Deviation – Auckland, New Zealand
- Parsons Brinckerhoff Australia – Gallipoli Underpass – Adelaide, Australia
- Scott Wilson Group plc – A46 Newark to Widmerpool – Newark, U.K.
Innovation in Structural Engineering
- Arup Singapore Pte Ltd – Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort – Singapore
- MSN Prestressed Concrete – Lootah Office Towers, MotorCity – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Y&V Ingeniería y Construcción C.A. – EPC - Sulphuric Acid Plant – Moron, Venezuela
Innovation in Utility Transmission and Distribution Networks
- Central Southern China Electric Power Design Institute – Jiangxia 500 kV Transformer Substation – Wuhan, China
- imp GmbH – Reliable Point Cloud Modeling of Substations – Essen, Germany
- State Nuclear Electric Power Planning Design & Research Institute – The Innovation of Transformer Substation – Qingdao, China
Innovation in Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Carollo Engineers – Ak-Chin Indian Community Water Reclamation Facility – Maricopa, Ariz., U.S.
- Carollo Engineers – Denver Metro Wastewater Reclamation District – Denver, Colo., U.S.
- MWH Global, Inc. – Brighton and Hove Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant – Brighton, U.K.
Innovation in Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Networks
- Arizona American Water – AguaFria Water Distribution System Optimization – Phoenix, Ariz., U.S.
- CH2M HILL – Real-Time Energy Optimization Implementation –
Buford, Ga., U.S.
- Westernport Water – Integration of SCADA Data in Model Calibration – Newhaven, Australia